You can search for either horses or owners. To search for horses, you can enter criteria in all fields; if you are searching for owners, only the owner name and state will be used. You may leave fields blank, and most of the fields will accept partial input (for example, part of a horse's name). Once you've filled in the desired criteria, click either the 'View Horses'
to view all the horses that match your search, or press 'View Owners' to
display the owners that match the name and/or state you specified.
The meaning of each of the fields is as follows:
- Name: Enter the name, or part of the name of the horse. If you want to find the given text within the horses name click on the 'Partial Names' checkbox (this will, however, slow down the searching process).
- Reg. #: Enter the registration number of the horse.
- Registry: Enter the registry that you wish to find
- Gender: Choose Mare, Stallion, or Gelding
- Color: Choose the color of the horse you are looking for. You can currently only choose one color.
- Birth Date: Enter the birth date range of the horses you are looking for.
Entering only a starting date will give you all horses born on or after that
- Owner: Enter the name of the owner you are searching for. This will display all the horses associated with the owner. By clicking on the 'Last Name Only' checkbox the search will be on the owner's last name, otherwise it will be for the owners first/last name.
- Owner's State: Enter a two digit state code. This will display all owners that live in that state.
- Current Owner: Check this if you want to display horses that the specified owner currently owns.
- Past Owner: Check this if you want to display horses that the specified ower has owned in the past, but no longer owns.
- Bred or Foaled: Check this if you want to display horses where the specified owner either foaled/registerd the horse, or the specified owner was the breeder of the horse.
- Results Per Page: Choose the number of horses to display on each of the search result pages.
Additional Search Tips
HHAA horse names begin with the appropriate division prefix:
- Felver = H. (the period must be included)
- Sportlo = HS
- Fajta = HPB
- Some historical horses have Hungarian or Hungarian Sportlo spelled out rather than the abbreviated initials.
- Countess Gyurky horses start with a 'M.' prefix - they are the only exception.
- Imported horses may have an asterisk '*' in front of their name.
HHAA registration numbers must be entered exactly as per the registration certificate
- Felver = no prefix
- Sportlo = HSnumber, no space between prefix and number
- Fajta = HPBnumber, no space between prefix and number